Dragon Peak (12,995 Feet)

Where: Sierra Nevada, California
When: Summer 2006
Partners: Solo
Route: South Ridge via Mount Gould (Class 3)

Another nice Sierra approach

I was eager to give Dragon Peak a go. I'd heard that this fine, obscure Sierra Nevada peak had an awesomely exposed, narrow traverse near its top to reach the summit. Good stuff!
Starting to look a little alpine...!

Eventually approaching the summit via Mount Gould and the rugged connecting ridge, I marveled at the cragginess of the final ridge and subsequent high blocks that comprised the summit and its neighboring sub-points.
Nearing the summit

Negotiating the narrow ledge traverse to the summit, I enjoyed the views and soon began my return to Mount Gould. Another fine tour in the Sierra!
Dragon Peak from Mount Gould

TOPO
*Photos courtesy of Rick Kent