Spirit Mountain (Again) & Devils Thumb

Where: Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Nevada
When: October 2009
Partners: DB, Dimples & Lori Curry

Dimples, me and DB at the trailhead

After a five year absence, I returned to Spirit Mountain with DB, Lori and Dimples. Dimples had accompanied me on my only previous visit to the mountain on 12-23-04. He and I were eager to return. Little did he know, but I had plans to continue along to the north from Spirit's summit and bag its rugged neighbor, Devils Thumb. And so I did! It was a great, educational day out with friends.
Dimples...into the wild

Enjoying the topography

Atop a small crag we climbed on the way to Spirit

I'd stood on the edge of this crag 5 years earlier too...

The many crags and spires of Spirit Mountain

Crag scramblin'!

Little DB poses just below the summit

Dimples reaches the summit

Our happy group on top

Tired Lori on her way toward Devils Thumb

3rd anniversary pose below Spirit Mountain

CP, Lori and DB

Tarantula!

Aaah, Spirit!

All photos courtesy of Lori Curry (thanks Lori C.!)