Great Basin's Baker Peak (12,305 Feet)

Looking south to Baker Peak from Wheeler Peak's summit

Once hiking up the Wheeler Peak Trail, I found myself on the summit of the peak staring over at the day's primary objective, Baker Peak. Baker Peak, the fourth highest mountain in Nevada, is a twin-peaked mountain just south of the famous Wheeler Peak. The east peak is the higher of the two summits.
On the traverse

Dropping down from the summit of Wheeler Peak, I began the talus-covered traverse of the ridge connecting the two peaks. The going was mostly easy and the views of Baker Peak as I approached became more and more impressive.
With both of Baker's summits in view, the east summit is at left

Eventually gaining the west summit (12,298 feet), I dropped down just a bit and quickly traversed over to the higher east summit. Relaxing atop the highpoint for a few, I soon gathered myself for the long return back to Wheeler Peak's summit and the slog back down the trail to my vehicle at the Wheeler Peak Trailhead.
The east summit from the west summit

TOPO
*Borrowed photos courtesy of H.W. Stockman