Another Run Up Lady Mountain

Where: Zion National Park, Utah
When: October 2008
Partners: DB

With more than just another run up Lady Mountain on my mind, DB and I strolled up this fine Zion peak. My third time up, I hadn't been in a couple years and was quickly reminded what a fantastic route this peak gives up on its east face.

Basking in the warmth of the summit, DB and I spotted a condor on a nearby tree. Soon taking to wing, we watched in awe as he soared above the Emerald Pools area and then headed toward Behunin Canyon.

From the summit, I had the opportunity to check out a route to the unnamed (and presumably unclimbed) peak to the west. Hmmm, no-go. Looked intense. Jacob, a peak I've looked at several times from several angles, again frowned at me.

Eventually heading back down, DB expressed her approval with the fine route up Lady Mountain. A Zion classic, to be sure.